AVIC411.com

I've had my car for about 7 years now and never had a problem with this particular unit. And yes that does say F7010BT as the title, not F700. I keep seeing things for F700, but never anyone mentioning the F7010 unit. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. Well one day about 2 years ago, I turned on my car and there was no start up screen or Pioneer logo. I basically couldn't do anything at all. No navi, no music and no backup camera that the unit was synced to. It was useless. So I thought it was just a glitchy ignition start and didn't think too much of it as I wasn't going to be in the car that long to care about music at the time. Well then the next day, same thing. so I'm like ok this can't be a coincidence. So I scoured the internet looking for anyone having the same issues and I found a post saying go to the Pioneer website for a firmware update. So I paid the money got the update, followed the instructions and as it was updating I could hear the radio briefly. Well then it came time to do the reboot of itself. It rebooted, but then went into the Pioneer logo loop. Well I did what it said if this happens. I held the rest button and nothing, same thing. So, I just gave up let it go for a long time and figured there was no other fix for this issue if the Pioneer update didn't work. Well a couple weeks ago, I got really annoyed at not having my radio any more and having to use my phone for music. So, again I looked on the Pioneer website and downloaded the 2.08 update. That didn't work either. Same result as the 2.06 update. Then, I saw another post saying I need a "testmode 2.3". Well I got it off here from a member named Dragon24. However, it didn't have "My Flashdisk Back up" or whatever the actual file is called. Ii put it on an SD card and put that into my unit and get a desktop like screen, but after that, i don't know what to do. So basically I have no clue what I need to do to get my unit back up and running without spending a crap ton of money. If anyone can give me some help or the files I need or anything it would be greatly appreciated.

I tried installing the firmware updates as instructed by Pioneer, neither of them worked. So I don't know if it's a corrupt firmware issue or if it's something electronically wrong on my cars end. I have the "testmode" screen on my cars screen now which as described looks like Windows 95. But after that, I no idea where to go. Because it says to look in the "My Flash Backup Disk" and find the folder f700. I looked all over in there and not find any such file in any of the folders that in the testmode folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...