AVIC411.com

Active front end on 4100

I just bought a 4100 NEX and am planning my install.

I know there are front and rear outs, as well as sub outs. I am planning to run only front end and subs, with no rear fill.

To that end, I will be using a miniDSP connected to the front preouts and have the sub amp directly off the sub preouts. 

However, I need to time align the sub and it says I must have the rear ON to use time alignment,

My question  is: if I turn the rear ON but don't connect anything, will the front preouts still get full range signal?

TIA

Andrew

If you're referring to the NEX's auto eq and time align measurement, I'd recommend skipping it and setting it up manually, unless of course your front speakers are actually facing you (dash pods or A pillar mounts).

While I was excited to have the auto measuring feature in this deck based on the job my SC-07 did on my home theater set up, it got everything wrong in my truck, which is not entirely surprising given the obstacles and off axis speaker placement in most vehicles.

But the answer to your question is yes.