AVIC411.com

Z130BT lost bluetooth media audio on Lollipop after upgrade to 5.0

I picked up a Z130BT last week to throw in the truck so I could see the horses while I drove. The pandora app was one of the big reasons for me going this route. Once I had the unit installed and working, I checked the firmware and found it was still running 4.0. Bluetooth audio worked perfectly with my S4 running lollipop (a rom I loaded up a few weeks ago) for the past 2 days. When I went and updated to the 5.0 head unit system/bluetooth firmware today, I lost the ability to stream media audio. Selecting the bluetooth audio source and playing pandora worked great BEFORE the update. Now that I have an official Pandora on the deck, every time I load the app on the radio it activates as a "Pandora Accessory" and plays the audio through my phone's external speaker with all the song and artist info on the head unit. The phone and HU pair, and call audio works as I can dial out using the radio and hear everything. I can go to settings/bluetooth/pioneer navi/settings and try to check "media audio" until i'm blue in the face, but it will never connect. I grabbed my girlfriend's s4 and it worked correctly right away with the same version of pandora.

From what I can tell, Old bluetooth firmware and all versions of android seem to work fine. New firmware won't work with a phone running lollipop. This is insane! I did the updates again just to be sure, but her phone running 4.4.4 works, and my phone running 5.0 does not. I have not yet found a way or an app to force the media audio check box active. I even cleared the cache and delvik cache on my phone and deleted/re-paired them.  It just sits on connecting and gives up no matter what audio source I'm on. Is there a way to downgrade to the old bluetooth firmware? I might have to find a way to go back to Kit Kat if not. Lollipop looks kind of basic and boring anyway. Any other ideas?

• 5 weeks later...

Yep, me too. Z130bt was running fine with 2012 maps bluetooth firmware. Updated to 2013 maps firmware and the exact same issue you are describing happens. Not only in Pandora, but Aha or any bluetooth media audio.

I am trying to find a 2012 maps bluetooth firmware file to see if it will update (downdate) downgrade succesfully.

I see Lollipop and bluetooth problems are everywhere on many devices and phones.

• 1 month later...