AVIC411.com

8100NEX and Maestro MRR: no nav or phone info on MFI?

I just replaced the stock RNS-510 in my 2013 Passat TDI SEL with the AVIC-8100NEX, and the Maestro MRR retains (almost) all original functionality.

I was under the assumption that phone and navigation info should be displayed on the MFI (multi function instrument) as well, but I don't see it. Am I wrong with my assumption?

I thought so too, it should show that and other additional info. I have to check with the BestBuy guy who did the install. Thanks for the tip.

I just talked to the installer guy, he looked at the maestro website as we spoke and said that the phone info should work on the MFI but the nav info wouldn't for my 2013 VW Passat.

I'll be there tomorrow to see what can be done about that.

UPDATE: Just returned and learned that Maestro doesn't support nav output from the 8100NEX to the MFI (or MFD?) in my VW 2013 Passat (a Kenmore head unit would work though). I guess I have to live with that for now.

The phone ID to MFI should work, but we only could get it show up when we connected the VW bluetooth module as well and paired my iPhone with both, strange indeed, but everything seems to be working, including phone info on the MFI.

I am convinced there must be a better way to do this, but for now this is how it's set up.

UPDATE: Just returned and learned that Maestro doesn't support nav output from the 8100NEX to the MFI (or MFD?) in my VW 2013 Passat (a Kenmore head unit would work though). I guess I have to live with that for now.

The phone ID to MFI should work, but we only could get it show up when we connected the VW bluetooth module as well and paired my iPhone with both, strange indeed, but everything seems to be working, including phone info on the MFI.

I am convinced there must be a better way to do this, but for now this is how it's set up.

Talking to Maestro support they now confirmed that there is no phone info on the MFD for my car via the Maestro RR unit, the only thing I see is "bttel". I suggested to make this limitation much clearer on their website.