AVIC411.com

Pandora greyed out on 8100nex?

Does anyone know why the Pandora icon is greyed out on my new 8100NEX, and what I can do to fix that? It used to work until recently, but since a few days I can't launch it anymore. Maybe it has something to do with a recent Pandora.app update?

In case others are wondering as well, Pioneer support says the Pandora button is only active when the phone is connected via USB cable. But we can start Pandora on the phone when not connected with the cable and control it via the head unit. A bit confusing, but now it's clear.

In case others are wondering as well, Pioneer support says the Pandora button is only active when the phone is connected via USB cable. But we can start Pandora on the phone when not connected with the cable and control it via the head unit. A bit confusing, but now it's clear.

What? That is total nonsense.    I use Pandora on my commutes every day on my 8100, and it isnt plugged into the USB. As a matter of fact, my phone is in my lunch bag and stays in there till i get to work.   I have it set up where, if i plug my phone into USB, it auto-starts Android-Auto.  You should call back and thank Support for lying to you.

What? That is total nonsense. I use Pandora on my commutes every day on my 8100, and it isnt plugged into the USB. As a matter of fact, my phone is in my lunch bag and stays in there till i get to work.   I have it set up where, if i plug my phone into USB, it auto-starts Android-Auto.  You should call back and thank Support for lying to you.

Thank you PaisanNYC, I too found this answer strange. I will call again and this time try to inquire more.

Check out this Youtube video How To - AVIC-8000NEX - Pandora, there the phone is plugged in to give full Pandora control via the 8100 display.

I just went to the car and followed the instructions in that video, went to Settings > Smartphone setup, it was set to connect via USB 1, I chose Bluetooth Wireless instead to see if Pandora would show up, but it didn't. But that setting did disable the USB2 connection to my iPod, so I reverted it back to the original setting of USB1. Now I can again access my iPod and everything else works as well, just not Pandora.

When you get a moment can you please take a look at your settings and see if anything is different on yours?

Thank you PaisanNYC, I too found this answer strange. I will call again and this time try to inquire more.

Check out this Youtube video How To - AVIC-8000NEX - Pandora, there the phone is plugged in to give full Pandora control via the 8100 display.

I just went to the car and followed the instructions in that video, went to Settings > Smartphone setup, it was set to connect via USB 1, I chose Bluetooth Wireless instead to see if Pandora would show up, but it didn't. But that setting did disable the USB2 connection to my iPod, so I reverted it back to the original setting of USB1. Now I can again access my iPod and everything else works as well, just not Pandora.

When you get a moment can you please take a look at your settings and see if anything is different on yours?

I found another YouTube video made by Pioneer, showing Pandora working with a Bluetooth-connected phone, a Nexus 4 (which is a two year old phone!).

I will try to remember and take pics of my settings display when i leave work tomorrow

I think I understand some of the confusion.  herbert68, you aren't using an android phone, are you?  On Android, pandora only works over BT.  Over iThings, it works differently...

Thank you PaisanNYC for sharing the video, I did not know about opening Pandora on my iPhone first to show up on the 8100 screen, I'll try that tomorrow.

Yes, that's correct grayed. 493008, I tried this setting, but it really defeats the purpose, because with that setting I can't access my iPod on USB2, makes no sense really, but it's as I said in post #4 above.