AVIC411.com

track order when playing media via external hard drive

Hi - I recently installed an AVIC-8100NEX in my new Subaru Forester. I love it. It's awesome. I'd been using my iPod as a media source for a bit but wanted to change over to an external hard drive (actually an SSD mounted in an enclosure) so I could use my iPod for something else. I got everything loaded up and it scanned all the files and everything works great.... except for one thing. I'm a big "album" listener and I'm finding that the UI automatically sorts all of the tracks in an album (when I drill down by artist->album) alphabetically. I cannot seem to figure out how to make it play in track order (all the files have the proper metadata). Is this a limitation of the internal media player? I cannot seem to find an option to tweak this.

My device is set up as follows from a folder standpoint: Music->Artist->Album->Track.mp3

This really makes things like live albums and giant multi-part prog rock epics a bit difficult to listen to as they were intended.

Hi - thanks for the reply. Most of the files already have the track number at the beginning - it appears to be alphabetizing it based on the title tag.

You did give me an idea, though - maybe instead of browsing via tag, I'll browse via folder. I'll give that a shot the next time I'm in the car. Thanks!