AVIC411.com

avic 8100 frozen on startup to rearview camera

For this to happen, the reverse wire on your head unit has to be getting a signal. Do you have a rear view camera hooked up? If not make sure the reverse wire is either not connected to anything or that it is hooked up to reverse signal, for example, the reverse light wire. The nex is designed to show rear view camera, immediately(if in reverse) even if not fully booted. So for some reason, likely miswired, the head unit thinks you are in reverse. Double check your connections.

You will need the apple a/v digital adapter for app radio. App radio uses bluetooth to communicate with phone, and hdmi for audio and video.  Note: when using AppRadio, you have to set your smartphone setting to digital adapter. With this setup, the a/v adapter plugs into your phone lightning plug, then hdmi from head unit will plug into adapter, your usb to lightning cable will plug into the adapter also and the usb can be plugged into car charger or usb1(usb1 will not be available for use this way, it will only charge the phone, if you try to use usb1 as an input with this setup it will say not compatible or something like that). Unlike CarPlay, App radio uses Bluetooth for phone calls and CarPlay uses usb1 connection for calls.  To change from Appradio to CarPlay, you must disconnect the apple a/v adapter and plug phone directly into usb1 and change smartphone settings to usb connection. 

sorry,all the above info is if you are using iPhone. If you are using android, you need mhl, adapter for hdmi, or if your phone has hdmi, you will hook up directly to hdmi. and smartphone will be set to other, in smartphone settings on head unit.

Where in Texas are you?

• 4 weeks later...

...it's totally black except for the traffic guidelines.......Has anyone seen this before ? 

Yes I am seeing it Now; Installer has had the car for 3 days; cannot get Back up camera to work with Pioneer 8100 nex; But it does work with a Sony 602bt ( That had to be pulled and sent back to Sony for warranty) the 8100 is My replacement. Camera does work if Plugged directly into Rear seat RCA Monitor. 

Update: My Installer has been working with this for four days..... He finally said it is the Unit; I am getting an exchange from the merchant; Will Update in about a week.