AVIC411.com

Kia/Hyundai Amp and LOC

Has anyone installed a NEX in a 2011+ Kia or Hyundai? Did you have to get an amp adapter or line output control box to use the OEM speakers? Any other special devices? Thanks.

You will need to purchase a wiring harness or interface depending on your what your vehicle is equipped with from factory. If you do not have an amp from factory then your head unit will power your speakers.

I installed a AVIC-8100 in my 2015 Sonata. I've had some issues with the Axxess interface kit. Enough issues that it is unusable. I started a thread here. I highly recommend not buying an Axxess product. I purchased a PAC RP4.2-HY11 interface. I will lose Blue Link but not a big deal since I do not use it. Although they will have a Blue Link interface available soon. You will have to select your make, year and model and choose a PAC kit that fits your vehicle and installation needs.

You will need to purchase a wiring harness or interface depending on your what your vehicle is equipped with from factory. If you do not have an amp from factory then your head unit will power your speakers.

I installed a AVIC-8100 in my 2015 Sonata. I've had some issues with the Axxess interface kit. Enough issues that it is unusable. I started a thread here. I highly recommend not buying an Axxess product. I purchased a PAC RP4.2-HY11 interface. I will lose Blue Link but not a big deal since I do not use it. Although they will have a Blue Link interface available soon. You will have to select your make, year and model and choose a PAC kit that fits your vehicle and installation needs.

I have the amplified 6.1 speakers I think that came factory with the UVO (no nav) system (2013 Sportage SX). I've heard of all sorts of issues with the Axxess interfaces. Unfortunately, I don't see the PAC equivalent. I was going to go with the PAC SWI-CP5 and then the AudioControl LC6i to hopefully fix the amp issues. Thoughts?

Call PAC directly and see what they have for you. They are very helpful. Hyundai and Kia likely have the same radio harnesses.

You really need to know for sure if you have a separate amplifier or not. Find that out and get back to me. The route you take depends on budget and if you plan to add additional amplifiers or not.