AVIC411.com

D3/BT: New phone won't auto connect

I've got the D3 and the BT module to go with it, and I'm using a Verizon Wireless Blackberry 8703e. The phone was crushed the other day by an 85lb. dumbell so I had to get a new one.

The previous phone would automatically connect to the bluetooth when the head unit powered up or I got back in it while running. The new phone will not do this. I've been through everything as far as checking the settings from the "menu" button while on the BT function, I've swapped BB's and tried others with no luck, and I've changed all the settings in my phone and nothing seems to work.

You have to manually connect the phone to the head unit everytime, and on a BB that's about 6 button presses. Not even worth it for a short trip. Once the phone is connected, everything works properly, it's just that it won't automatically connect.

Any suggestions?

did you still have the old phone registered in the 1st slot? Cuz the D3 seem to autoconnect only to the 1st slot. Also, check to see if auto connect is set to on.

Thanks for the reply. I've deleted the first phone, and the auto connect is set to on. Now that I think of it, I can't remember if the new phone is added on that first slot. How can I add it? The head unit and phone are paired and work, but I'm not sure if it's added in that slot...

I did that...

I also tried the "Device Name" to be 0000 so it would skip a step and that didn't work.

Under "Device Properties" on the phone I have the following:

Device Name: 0000

Trusted: Yes

Encryption: Enabled

Echo Control: Automatic

Under "Options" I have:

Device name: 0000

Discoverable: Yes

Allow outgoing calls: Always

Address Book Transfer: All entries (Like it matters because Verizon screws us up on that)

You said you have already made connection. From what I'm understanding you can't seem to get it to autoconnect. Were you able to register the phone yet? I mean, on your D3 AV Menu, BT phone, tap Function, Phone Register, and make sure the first slot there is your phone and not anyone else. If not, delete it, and make connection to your current phone, if not yet connected. And hold that 1st slot until your phone displays in that slot.

If not, try resetting in one more time on your Blutooth first, then if not, your D3 and Blutooth. And try again. Otherwise, your phone is not searching. Try resetting your phone as a last resort. otherwise, i'm stuck like you. :roll:

I mean, on your D3 AV Menu, BT phone, tap Function, Phone Register, and make sure the first slot there is your phone and not anyone else. If not, delete it, and make connection to your current phone, if not yet connected. And hold that 1st slot until your phone displays in that slot.

I did that yesterday and what I hadn't been doing was adding it to the list. Works just fine now.....

Thanks for all the help fellas! :D