AVIC411.com

8000 with damaged wired remote input jack

I installed the 8000nex in my 2008 avalanche along with the aswc-1, but while doing so I broke the 3.5 mm jack for the wired remote input used to plug in the aswc-1.  With the receiver depth in the avalanche, the back was pressed against the vehicle's framing causing the plug to crack and break off the input jack unknowingly when I tightened the mounting screws.  The question I have is, has anyone had this problem? Would the idatalink maestro rr with the data cable be an alternative to get steering wheels controls or does anyone know if it's possible to solder the female 3.5 mm brown/brown white jack to the board of the 8000 and plug aswc-1 male into it? Any help is greatly appreciated.  

I am sorry for this break . 1st you have to disassemble the unit to reach the unit board and you can see the damage happened . hope that it is only the female connector which broke or removed from the board and nothing happened to the board itself . if so you can simple solder  it back or replace it with another one .

I recommend you to go to service center as this procedure is not simple . specially you will have to disassemble the whole unit . the board is at the bottom and you have to remove every thing from top to down .

send us picture of the broken connector so we may assist you better

Elnefary, right now I have the unit installed, but I'll probably take it back out this weekend to get the pics. Are you familiar with the idatalink maestro rr data cable model? From looking into its specs, it seems it'll work with more functions and vehicle info depending vehicle but it bypasses the 3.5 mm wired remote input. If that's the case, even though it's more expensive, I'd rather use the maestro rr.

Not familiar with maestro rr but idatalink's website reports that connecting with appropriate model will retain steering wheel controls and the wiring diagram showed no evidence  of using the 3.5mm wired remote input.

Even given that the preceding is true, there may be a downside to your situation.  A lot of mini jacks have bypass contacts in them.  If you has been defeated by the damage and the maestro rr's SWC signal were to use that bypass.... get the picture?  I don't know this for a fact... just tossing it out there as a possibility.