AVIC411.com

5100 appradio crazyness

Hi,

I have a 5100NEX and have been trying to get appradio working.  I installed a CD-IV202AV cable kit and have it plugged into the top usb port.  I have an Iphone 5S.  I have appradio app, appradio live app, Waze and Inrix and ec touch.  If I reboot my phone, I can get appradio to launch. I actually got waze to work on the NEX.  But then I tried to see if pandora would also work so I could listen to music.  Well starting pandora stops appradio, and then it will never reconnect.  The only way is to reboot the phone.  This cant be correct.  Also, testing ECTouch, there is a photo viewer, but if I select a photo, it crashes back to connecting.  Again, reboot the phone.  Latest IOS 9.0.2 

So is thing really that unstable?  And should I be able to listen to music (radio? pandora? or ???) AND have Waze working at the same time?

Also, Inrix is a suggested appradio app, but I only get a black screen.  (I only have the free version)

Thanks!  any tips would be a BIG help.

My experience with AppRadio mode was with an AppRadio 2 and iPhone 4S and iPhone 6, so it may be a little outdated. But what I came to realize was that the whole system would work well for small periods of time. There are too many variables such as Pioneer firmware, phone OS, and each individual app that made it a constant moving target. When something gets an update, it can easily send everything out of whack. 

I was always able to use Waze and listen to anything I wanted though. I had Inrix too but it wasn't much use. I think it got really buggy before I stopped using it. I experimented with EC touch several times because it is an intriguing app. However it never ran well. I even purchased the app to get more features. It still never worked right. Pandora was probably the most reliable because it's independent from AppRadio mode.

I got over the novelty of Appradio and use CarPlay now. It's not perfect but it's miles ahead of AppRadio mode. 

Thanks,

I have read a lot on the flakiness of appradio.  But I was expecting it to be more stable than it is.  I updated to the latest firmware and also updated appradio live.  Now it is better, but still poor.  In fact now I cant use Pandora while using waze.  But I can use the internet radio from appradio live.  I also found that I can usually recover from crashes by switching to USB or Bluetooth, and then back to the RGB input.  So now, I guess I have a way to use Waze with some music anyways.  Any way to just use the radio and waze at the same time?  Or other music such as Amazon? 

Thanks again!