AVIC411.com

Canadian Residents Subscrbing to US XM Radio WITH Navtraffic

Hey all

Any Canadian users here that have subcribed/activated a US XM Radio account WITH Navtraffic for use in Canada? If so are you using the GEX-P10XMT and how did the activation process go? I know you can activate regular XM Radio online but what if it is in conjunction with a XM Navtraffic subscription? I am in Vancouver and I know there is coverage for US users here as well as in Toronto and Montreal.

Any info appreciated!

Hey there,

I do a lot of travelling, mostly between my two offices, one in Seattle WA and the other in Vancouver BC.

I did install the GEX-P10XMT and activated it using my US address. In the US the unit works great, I get traffic info and if I plan a route and heavy traffic is ahead it will ask if I'd like to re-route, works great. This however is NOT available in Canada, there's not the detailed traffic information that I get in the US. From my research on it XM has only "limited" information for major Canadian cities, I guess Vancouver is not major enough...