AVIC411.com

Issues with 8100nex in 2015 Jeep/Alpine

I have a brand new 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the 430n/Alpine and Sub package. I bought a Pioneer 8100nex to replace the 430n.

The installer (Pioneer authorized dealer) is having issues with the sound quality. When you raise the volume past 25 on the pioneer the system falls apart in terms of sound quality. It's distorted and the level of volume is not as high as when the 430n was installed with the identical amp, speakers and sub.

When the 430n was installed you could raise the volume to full and have no distortion. Now I get about 60% of the volume and anything above that is totally distorted.

The installer has tried replacing the "module" (third party module) that lets you use the pioneer with the alpine system, and we still have a less than desirable sound at higher volumes so we know it wasn't a faulty module.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just installed a 4100NEX in my 2016 Jeep Wrangler with Alpine system.  I used a Maestro RR with the CH1 harness.    I haven't listened much, but I did turn it up pretty loud and I did not notice any drop in sound quality.

What 3rd party module are you using to interface with the factory amp?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have a 2015 wrangler with alpine, I have the last model the NEX 4000 with Maestro and absolutely hate this setup. I cannot get the fader to work or individual sub controls to function either. My understanding from Maestro is that pioneer does not pass all of the digital controls.. is it different on yours?

You have to bypass the factory alpine amplifier if you want independent control of the speakers.

The factory amplifier only takes in a L/R stereo input.   The factory radios send a separate signal to the amplifier/dsp to fade front/rear.  The Maestro does not send the same signal to fade front/rear.

No headunit will allow independent control of the subwoofer as long as you leave the factory alpine amplifier/dsp unit in place.