AVIC411.com

4100 with Iphone 5S Siri issues

Just had this upgrade installed. During the parking lot test Siri would respond just fine. The Iphone is wired in and stored in my center console. Siri does not respond with the volume up but I expected this to be the case. Now, when i'm driving down the road my car makes a decent amount of noise (Corvette). I noticed that Siri would not respond even with the volume all the way down. I opened the center console exposing the phone and now Siri works even with decent volume. 

So here is the question. Does the installed MIC that comes with the HU listen for Hey Siri or is the phone MIC the only thing being used? I really hope that's not the case.

• 1 month later...

WHEW, sorry I thought it was just mine. Right now SIRI wont recognize my voice at all through the mic. This is when the phone is directly plugged in to the headunit. I *think* I have the highest firmware, but I'm not 100% positive. I think this happened because of an apple update, but pioneer needs to fix it. I've got a ticket in with pioneer but it's been kicked around for about a month now