AVIC411.com

Z130BT Bluetooth Problems

z130bt with 5.0 firmware newest bluetooth 3.32 (from the 2013 usa/canada, misterwoofwoof)

Prior to getting a Galaxy S6 I had a Galaxy S4 and old firmware (3.0 firmware with 3.23 bluebooth) whenever the bluetooth was on on the s4, it would automatically pair and if the HU was set to Bluetooth it would automatically start playing music.

With the new S6, it has trouble connecting to the car, even when the bluetooth is on on the phone and song titles aren't displayed on screen anymore. When it does connect, it will not display music information (song, title, thumbs up and down on Pandora, etc.) I have tried Pandora, Spotify, and the stock music app that comes with the phone. None display any sort of song information!

Please help! 

If you are coming from the original Z130 software, there's a new setting - AV System/APP Connection. Make sure it is set to Bluetooth.

However, that might not be your problem. If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting all power from the headunit for an extended period of time(at least 5 min). Easiest sure way is to disconnect the car battery. However, if you know both fuses that power the HU, you can just pull them.

That fix has cleared-up a variety of connection issues.

If you are coming from the original Z130 software, there's a new setting - AV System/APP Connection. Make sure it is set to Bluetooth.

However, that might not be your problem. If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting all power from the headunit for an extended period of time(at least 5 min). Easiest sure way is to disconnect the car battery. However, if you know both fuses that power the HU, you can just pull them.

That fix has cleared-up a variety of connection issues.\

Hey Ron!

I am indeed coming from a z130bt. I'll try both of those and keep you updated! Thanks! 

UPDATE!

After unplugging the battery for 5 mins and changing AV System/APP Connection to bluetooth, seems the phone pairs automatically when starting the car up.

HOWEVER, I cannot get the music to play automatically (even though the phone automatically connects). In order to get it to play, I have to go manually go to the bluetooth audio (where my radio, ipod, pandora app, etc.) is, then hit connect on the bottom (even though the phone is already connected), and the phone will then display song information and start playing music through Spotify + Pandora.

What it seems like is the bluetooth for the Pioneer headunit is only automatically connecting for call audio, and not media audio unless I go in everytime and physically connect the bluetooth under bluetooth media myself.