AVIC411.com

AVICZ120BT Back Up Camera Not Turning on HELP PLEASE

Ok so I have a bypassed avic 120 bt. The other day I installed a back up camera and I seem to be having some issues with it. I have he camera wired into the reverse light wiring. Power and ground connected to the right wires on the reverse light. The video plug is connected to the brown head unit connector. The head units reverse signal wire was run all the way to the rear of the car and tapped into the reverse light bulb power wire.

The reverse camera was set to on and the polarity set to power. Now when I go into reverse the reverse back up screen does NOT come on. If I have the navi unit set to the back up camera navi view and I go into reverse you can see the back up camera working. So I believe the unit is not sensing it is going into reverse or the unit is just not switching to the reverse screen.

To trouble shoot. I switched the polarity to ground, nothing works. I then tapped the reverse signal wire to the ground wire on the reverse light bulb and tried, still nothing. I then grounded the reverse signal wire on the head unit to a chassis ground and still nothing. But the camera does work when I go into reverse when I am on the navi back camera view. The system doesn't seem to go into reverse mode. I also disconnected the battery and also restored factory settings and nothing. I am out of ideas. can anyone suggest anything else?

Would the fuse on the back of the head unit have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any help.