AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z130BT Wont give me access to CD drive.

Hello all,

I just bought a truck with an AVIC-Z130BT installed.  It seems to function fine, except for one issue.  When I hit the eject button, I get the following bar that pops up across the bottom.  The screen will tilt up and down just fine, but the open and eject SD card are greyed out. 

20160128_132313_zpspkkn9ife.jpg

So far, this is what Ive tried. 

All of the reset processes in the manual.  Both using touch, and I unplugged the harnesses out of the back of the unit for a few minutes... Do I need to unplug it longer? 

I updated to the latest firmware.  I CAN insert an SD if I tilt the screen all the way up.  I was able to sneak the SD card in, and it immediately did the update process and was successful.  But no change to the issue.

Pioneer states that I need to send it in.  So thats shipping, plus $230 flat repair fee.  While the radio might be worth the $230, if the only thing that doesnt work is the CD, thats not worth it to me at this point.  The unit is actually kind of finicky.  I dont have an iPhone, so half the stuff doesnt work correctly anyway.  And the tuner functions are klunky.  That being said, its still nice, so if one of you has anything else to try Ide be grateful! 

I saw in a z120bt manual that you can do a test mode for the LCD...but wasnt sure if that would work on this, or prove anything.  I thought if I could get the LCD to move fully, maybe it would "jar" itself back into working. 

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Justin

Parking brake is set.  But I believe the bypass was performed on this unit.  I did confirm that the unit saw that the parking brake was set though in the communication menu. 

As for the link, I definitely don't have an SD card or anything in there. 

The seller, who has been incredibly up front and honest with me, and is still giving me help via text a week later, told me that he never had a problem with it opening, but hadn't actually put a CD in in months.  I know the motor works, because tilt lights up and it will tilt up/down just fine.

After thinking about it, I really enjoy the tablet I had installed in my Subaru, and I think Im going to install that instead.  It does everything this does, 10x better, and WAY less clutter behind the dash.  Still bugging me that it doesn't work...but I might well give up on it soon. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Justin