AVIC411.com

Restoring Boot Mode in BSP

Try to write your own firmware in testmode to switch to different mode, try different testmode n and a keys, also you can disable this mode using bootloader UART console.

Will recovery mode detect an A key and restore the regular boot BSP? I couldn't get recovery mode to trigger on USB plugin.

Will recovery mode detect an A key and restore the regular boot BSP? I couldn't get recovery mode to trigger on USB plugin.

I doubt it as A-key is checked in regular firmware, but I recommend to check this out. Try to boot with all three possible N-keys. Never tried this, but I think you can exit recovery mode by flashing your firmware from recovery mode.

If nothing helps - just buy for $2-$5 simple USB-UART adapter (3.3-volt compatible), connect adapter to yellow connector on the back side of your unit and restore bsp boot fields using bootloader console.

I doubt it as A-key is checked in regular firmware, but I recommend to check this out. Try to boot with all three possible N-keys. Never tried this, but I think you can exit recovery mode by flashing your firmware from recovery mode.

If nothing helps - just buy for $2-$5 simple USB-UART adapter (3.3-volt compatible), connect adapter to yellow connector on the back side of your unit and restore bsp boot fields using bootloader console.

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't Debug and Console have to be enabled in the BSP in order to access the UART? Also, I haven't hear the ability to hook into the connectors on the back of the unit to get to the UART. Is that documented somewhere in the AVIC Dev mod thread?

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't Debug and Console have to be enabled in the BSP in order to access the UART? Also, I haven't hear the ability to hook into the connectors on the back of the unit to get to the UART. Is that documented somewhere in the AVIC Dev mod thread?

Bootloader debug console is always enabled. From this console you have full access to your device, including access to the bsp. This info is not yet documented, please check your PM.