AVIC411.com

Help me choose between AVIC-5100 and AVH-4100

Hi,

I can't decide between the two units (they are the same price). While I'll be using CarPlay, I don't like the fact that I am forced to use Apple Maps, which don't work offline. 5100 has built-in navigation but smaller screen. Is there anything else that speaks in favor/against either of the units?

Thanks.

I just got mine for about 900, if you shop around you can find someone that will get it about that price.... Amazon has it for 999 right now...

IF you don't care about builtin Nav, but want the HDMI port, the 4100 (or 4200) would be ok.... just DON'T buy it and think you can add the Navi Later....  the U260 is junk

and yes no Appradio or anything else that deals with the HDMI port

I'm also in Canada . I recently purchased the 4100 for about 625 plus the usual Eco, HST,. I have friends who have the 260 add on and have no issues with it. I also considered the 5100-8100. All things considered when I factored in the additional cost of updating the maps each year I could buy a new garmin each year for less!! Besides I have an android ( google maps). Also check out Amazon.com , yes the U.S. site. They sent me info today saying the 4100 could be had for 499 u.s. Plus about 48 for shipping. Even converted it's less than here. I purchased mine from "Gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca" last time I checked they were back to 900. Hope this helps