AVIC411.com

something peculiar I noticed about my 8100 (large mp3 count related)

So I've had my 8100 for about 7-8 months now. I have an SSD ( on USB1) with about 22k mp3s on it. I know the practical limit is 15k, but I don't feel like splitting it up and just deal with the side effects. Anyway, besides the slow loading whenever I'd switch to USB1, I would randomly fight issues where the 8100 wouldn't even boot properly with it connected. I eventually got into the habit of just disconnecting the SSD before I turned my car on and only plug it in when I knew I would be driving a long distance.

Anyway, it all of the sudden stopped having issues a bit back. I assumed it was due to the weather getting colder or something. But a couple days ago it started happening again, when I came to the realization that it only happens whenever I have a CD in the deck. If I take the cd out, it works fine 100% of the time (at least so far). And if I leave a CD in, it will fail to boot (stuck on the "pioneer" logo) almost every time I start the car.

Has anyone else ever run across this? Note - this only happens when I use my USB drive with the 22,000 songs on it. It doesn't happen when I use usb devices within the supported file count.