AVIC411.com

7000nex muting for no reason

Just installed a 7000nex a couple days ago. Did not hook up pimk mute wire as was not sure where that would go. Seemed to function fine at first. I updated the firmware to newest, updated the bluetooth right after. I linked with my windows phone to check Bluetooth and it seemed to work. However after checking everything out, I all of a sudden had extremely low volume, and the steering control volume, and the face volume button ceased to function. On first press of either, there is the beep that it received the command and the volume bar comes up on the bottom of the screen, however the volume cannot be adjusted. The mute button onscreen also does not function when the volume bar is up. I thought maybe it was an issue with the phone, and deleted it from the Bluetooth sync. When I restarted vehicle, it worked so I thought that was it. The vehicle is wife's so I didn't really care, and she has an Iphone6.

Nav said new maps available, so I downloaded avicsync on phone, downloaded 2014 q2 maps and installed them through carplay. I then deleted the maps off the phone as it was taking up something like 2.6GB of the phone. Again, everything still seemed ok and functioned fine. Wife was on the road, called me when in carplay and the sound was excellent. Later in the day she called via Bluetooth and I could hear her, but she could not hear me at all. I didn't think then it was probably the same thing I had had with volume low and not adjustable. Later that evening yesterday, we were heading to friends place and I sat in passenger to set volumes for Bluetooth..etc.. thinking there were separate volume settings that might need to be set. It was then I saw that the same thing was happening. Volume was down low, and could not be adjusted. I went into settings, speaker icon, and looked at the mute settings. It was on "ATT" which should be correct.. I set mute to "off" and sound came back on, and was working.

SO somehow the deck is setting ATT on right away and leaving it on. Any idea why this is happening?

Found the issue. Chrysler/dodge have forward face mounting tabs for the factory deck which are wider than a usual double din deck. On top of this, they also have a hole cut in the metal behind the dash fascia that has 4 metal tabs bent up to make that hole about din and a half height... factory deck is different in both directions.. Wouldn't want to make anything easy or standard of course. Crutchfield mentions cutting these tabs out, but I mad a jig (less mess) to widen them to the double din width and they actually would provide support at the rear of the deck. When inserting the poioneer, the black/yellow wire fell out of my taped bundle and got caught inbetween the deck and the metal, stripped a bit since it is so tight, and grounded. Since this is an external mute, made sense and was what I thought it might be. So wrapped it up in tape, and it works fine.