AVIC411.com

4100 appradio waze

I apologize if the answer was posted some where else.  But I just couldn't find it. 

I got a 4100nex last weekend.  I got the AppRadio app.  I have my iphone connected to the unit using the digital av adapter and Bluetooth.  I am trying to use Waze.  But the touch screen part just doesn't work.  I get the app to appear on the screen but I cant do anything.  I removed and reinstalled Waze.  When I tried to use it again, I did get a prompt from Waze on my phone asking if I wanted to control Waze from the radio.  I said "Yes" but it just kept asking me over and over.  I closed the app and opened it again.  It them comes on the screen but again the touch screen doesn't work.  And on the phone it says its connected to the receiver so I cant control Waze on the phone either.

I am not sure if there is something I need to do to get this working or if something else is wrong.  Since this is brand new I am going with I am doing something wrong.  But I cant seem to find a lot of documentation on how to use AppRadio properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks