AVIC411.com

I cannot update maps on my 8000

I have a 8000nex.  Im able to download map to update onto my usb drive from naviextras.com.  Once I successfully

download the map update to the usb and start the update in my 8000nex I get an error
saying "update package is invalid".  I have prepped the usb 3 times in the nex unit
and downloaded the updates 3 times and tried to update 3 times but I keep getting this
same error.  Anyone else experience this?  Thanks.

As a guess, try it with a different USB stick.... I've read that the units can be picky....  Also make sure that NOTHING else is on there.  If you did it with a Mac, there are hidden files that start with a period  like   .somefile  

You'd have to either do it on a PC, or use the terminal to remove them.

So I tried with a different usb stick and I received the same error "update package is invalid".  I also tried to format it again and download the map updates again and still received the same error.  I think I've given up.  Also, on my iPhone 6plus.  AvicSync now doesn't display the maps anymore.  I deleted the AvicSync and re-installed it and still no maps.  I'm totally at a loss.  I'm pretty good at figuring these things out but this one has me stumped.  

.... AvicSync now doesn't display the maps anymore.  I deleted the AvicSync and re-installed it and still no maps.  I'm totally at a loss.  I'm pretty good at figuring these things out but this one has me stumped.

Same here. I've decided AvicSync is such crap, it's not even worth trying to figure it out anymore.

Permanently deleted.