AVIC411.com

Bluetooth connectivity issue/Parking Brake bypass not working.

Why does my radio/phone connect and disconnect from each other over and over again before finally connecting? Sometimes I can't even get my phone to connect via bluetooth. I have to delete my phone from the bluetooth memory and start all over again. I have a AVIC-6100NEX and an Iphone 6. Most of the time if my vehicle is not moving, my phone will automatically connect. However, if I get in my truck and immediately drive off, my phone will connect for a second, then disconnect, then connect, then disconnect and stay disconnected.

Also. I have grounded the light green wire to a known ground point behind my dash, but still every single time I start rolling a little bit I get the "parking brake wire not connected properly" message. I have checked and checked again every how-to and have followed the directions to the Tee. I have tried the bottom left quadrant trick as well and I cannot get "set-on" to come up. What's the deal? Can the 6100nex not be bypassed?

I feel as if these two issues are related. 

Connect your parking brake correctly, the bypass is software only for X100 & X200 AVIC models. Check to make sure all wires are well connected, as it might be something disconnecting.

Keep trying on the "set-on" message, it can be tricky. Make sure you turn off all sources first.

The bluetooth problem was due to the autoconnect feature on the radio. The phone is trying to automatically connect to the radio as soon as it is powered on, and with autoconnect on, the radio is doing the same. Those two searching for each others signals are not receiving signal from each other. I turned off autoconnect from the radio settings and wam-bam uncle sam, it worked perfectly and continues to work perfectly. Also, regarding the software bypass. The tutorial says to press for up to 15 seconds in the lower left quadrant, half inch in and half inch across. On the 6100NEX (maybe others) the proper place to press is actually IN the corner of the lower left quadrant. I pressed in that corner for 6 seconds and "set on" message popped up. Also no more "incorrect connection of power brake wire" anymore.