AVIC411.com

Ford Sync - 8100 - Maestro

So, those of you with Fords and the Sync (1st gen) that have been waiting for SYNC 4.6, will still have to wait, BUT, it was out this weekend and then got pulled....

I think I was one of the lucky ones that got it ... it still doesn't work

BUT!!!  If you have the MaestroRR, I found out that you CAN do the update (when it's a good one) from the 8100 (maybe also the other units)

Go to the AV menu, and pick the 'My Car' or how ever it's labeled for your Ford

it should put it into SYNC - LINE IN MODE

Plug your USB into the USB slot (that you used to use for the OEM HU) of your car (not Pioneer)

At the bottom where you see the line that has the Time, etc...  press the button on the right side (next to Phone) and it will give you the next menu, that will have Car (or something named similar), that then goes to a new MENU

From that Menu you will see a few commands that I'm not sure what they do just yet, but UPDATE is there, I'm sure that is the same UPDATE that used to be there from the OEM Menus!!!

The other commands I'm not sure what some do, there was a RESET for SYNC, but Not sure what the first one does.... 

Anyone else know, or figure it out... let us know...