AVIC411.com

8100 with a sub question. And I'm a little dumb.

Short version (including my mistake):

I put an 8100 in my 07 Ranger last fall and it's been working perfectly. Last week I picked up an Infinity Basslink for a hundred bucks and installed that. Now here's my bad... I plugged the Front/Rear Left/Right RCAs on the sub's amp into the same ones on the 8100. Not the sub-out RCAs. Turned it back on and the audio was coming through the sub. Being a sub, you can guess how that sounded and I went "ohhhhhhh" and just plugged the front L/R RCAs from the sub into the the sub-out on the 8100 and now only the sub has audio. 

To me, it's as though the 8100 is still outputting the audio through the line-out RCAs and ignoring the factory speakers on the wire harness that worked before. I've spent a few days making sure everything's still hooked up solidly, resetting the headunit, hoping it was an auto-detect setting and nothing. The sub still outputs the lows, but the car speakers are silent. 

Anyone got any ideas to make me feel like less of a bozo?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you check the setting on the basslink? When hooking up an external sub system. You will need to go inside the stereo setting and set ur crossover and gain to match the sub out put to match the doors speakers. I have the 8000nex and I was running a 6500watt amp pushing 2 12in and I have to set the gain right to match my door speakers which use the headunit to power them. Now I got custom door speakers and a separate 4 channel amp and I eliminate to use of my headunit. Now all my sound are power by 2 external amps.