AVIC411.com

Playing Songs From USB

We have a USB stick with 500 songs on it we use in all three of our cars.  On my PC, the songs are listed first by the track number they were on the original CD I copied them from, and then alphabetically.  For example there are about 25 or 30 songs which were the first track on the CD and those are then sorted by the first letter of the song title  -  2 or 3 songs which begin with 'A' and then a few more with 'B' and so on

In my other two cars with stock headunits, the songs play in that same order  -  The '01' songs, a to z and then the '02' songs and so forth

On my AVIC 6100NEX, the songs play in alphabetical order, from A to Z  -  Doesn't sound like a problem, but there are sometimes 4 or 5 songs with the same title by different artists and those all play back to back  -  Not ideal to be listening to the same song for 15 or 20 minutes

Anyone have any idea why this is and/or what to do about it?  I know there's supposed to be some way to play the tracks in random order (which would be fine I guess) but I've yet to figure out how to make that happen

Thanks!

Don

I assume the x100 series is the same as the x000 series for which is the operation manual I'm looking at.  For USB/SD, the unit has Folder Browse and Music Browse modes.  The latter is default and uses tag information rather than folder/file structure for playback order.  Also by default, that play order is alphabetical by the song title [tag].

Random play is invoked by pressing the soft key that looks like a double helix with opposing arrow strands.

Suggest you refer to the operation manual for greater detail...