AVIC411.com

Navi Issues

I have a Z2. Effectively did 2-wire bypass and ISO update. DVD works magnificently, BUT my navi is all screwed up. It shows me going at a 45 degree angle away from my current direction and only shows half speed. GPS antenna signal is high, VSS speed sensor is connected and showing a signal. The unit will update my current location approximately every 10 seconds (GPS?) but still shows me going off course between updates.

Also, it seems as though the unit is only showing me going about half the speed I currently am. Only had the problem since I updated. Any suggestions, besides the obvious resetting the system and checking grounds (which I've already done). Thanks guys!

the 45 degree angle is because of the mounting angle of the Z2, it will calibrate and adjust for that, mine did... The fact that it takes you off course alot leads me to think that you did not connect VSS and/or the GPS antenna is in a poor location. check the connection status on those and post results.

You may find you have to do a full reset to cure this. When I switched mine to a different vehicle, I had the exact same problems. This was due to different VSS signals. Once I did a full reset, all was good.

However, since yours is in the same vehicle, I suspect you have somehow or another lost your VSS or SAT signal. Very weird problem to pop up after a simple update. Are you absolutely certain you have the VSS properly sourced and connected? This really sounds like a VSS issue that has changed it's signal. By changing signals, I mean it's on a different "frequency" than it's used to seeing.

edit: Now that I've thought about it, when I changed vehicles with my unit, the new vehicle showed me traveling about twice as fast as i was. It would also get me way off track. The GPS would kick in once in a while and try and correct my location. Then it would take off again. My VSS signal on my new vehicle was a different "speed" than the Z1 was used to seeing. Again, a full reset cured it.