AVIC411.com

MIRACAST/ANDROID AUTO DUAL ZONE OPTIONS

Hey guys, I'm interested in an NEX but concerned about dual zone options.  Looking to benefit from miracast/android auto by using GPS/Uber/Lyft etc in the front and want music to play in the rear.  Really want to mimic my phone on a bigger screen in car to drive safely but still blast my music through either USB/Aux/Memory card at the minimum.  I was told this is not available with Miracast or Android Auto.

Can anyone confirm?  What are my options to allow this?  Once again, I want the music in the rear zone to be heard in full throughout car and I can careless if front gives any sound while under miracast/android auto.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's possible unless you install a separate amp in the back for the rear speakers.  The rear out has it's own RCA output, but the head unit always plays whatever is selected to show on the front screen.  I wish pioneer would give a sound selection to play whatever's on the head unit or on the rear output. 

If you installed a rear amp then yes, I think you could do what you want.

For miracast, I use a chromecast plugged into the HDMI jack.  But I need 2 phones to do it, where one phone is the wifi hotspot.

You might be best off getting a mirrorlink compatible head unit and a Mirrorlink capable phone.  Not very many phones are mirrorlink capable and not all nex units are mirrorlink capable either.  So make sure you get both that are compatible.  Then all you need is a mirrorlink cable you can buy on amazon or wherever.  You'll then be able to view and control your phone from your head unit so you can run your uber/lyft app.  You'll still need to do the amp for the rear speakers.

I recently installed the pioneer head unit and it allows me to use MirrorLink with one phone as long as I am using my own forging hotspot for a Chromecast I am able to play Android auto and a separate audio rear. The way how I was able to do it as I purchase and HDMI to RCA cable that connects to the dual-zone setup.