AVIC411.com

gms04 draining your battery

can anyone reply if they have had any battery drain after hooking up thier

gsm04 or is it the HU it's self that causes the battery drain. the reason is i have a remote starter that i had about 6mth prior to the z1 and gms04 and since then iv had a drain battery or not enough amps to turn over the starter. replaced the battery and every thing works fine for about 2wks and then it happens again. any suggestions appreciated. thanks

have you had a parasitic load test done on your vehicle? the current draw of the interface in very low ( milli amps). however it could be defective and keeping the bcm awake, causing a hi current drain. how long does it take for the battery to go dead and does the battery have a full charge. has the batt been tested for weak cells?

the battery never completely goes dead but not strong engough to use the remote start. truck starts fine with the key and the same battery for now a few months. when starting i notice my radar detector says low voltage when starting. i was just wondering if anyone had that issue.

i'll bring it in and check the voltage.

do you know how to perform a parisitic load test with a meter? if so do a reading with the system complete, what is the reading ? if above 25-35 ma, ( you will need to let the vehicle set about 12-15 min till the bcm goes to sleep.) you will notice a hi reading at first , about 220 ma till going to sleep. then it will drop if not then the bcm is staying awake by means of the interface. unplug the interface, wait and read. this should lead you in a direction.

• 3 weeks later...

did you ever find an answer to your battery draining prob? I'm having the same problem on my truck, batteries were too drained to start the truck (there's 2 batt's on my diesel) Dealer told me the batt's are fine, but there's a draw coming from the stereo, about 100 miliamps. Had the stereo installed for over a year, and it's just suddenly starting this? I also have a remote start on the truck that has also been installed for about a year. I find it odd that it just started killing my batteries....any suggestions would help! Thanks.