AVIC411.com

8000 NEX Head end not playing AVI videos

I have loaded up my hard drive with music, movies, and audio books.  Aside from the horrible way that it reads and lists files and folders, it works ok.  Meaning i can scroll through them, hit the button for audio/video and it "works"  Problem is that I get no video on the head end unit.  (Yes I have Bypassed it and DVD's work perfect while driving)  Funny thing is when playing a movie (AVI format) the sound works great and it plays on the rear screens both on the Mirror and USB1 or USB2 setting for the rear.  It does not play video on the head end.........  Any suggestions?  All i get is the background on the main screen.  

It also does the same thing when the back screens are off by the way, sound only no video on the screen.  

Made for a great trip for the kids, sucked for me and my wife.......

thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the unit will not play these files. At leaset not by mirror mode or the like. In the operation manual it says the only type of files that are supported for the feature you're looking for are: MPEG-4, H.264, WMV, MKV and FLV only.

Do you have the AV output setting set to "source"? If so, the same front image should be output the the rear.