AVIC411.com

AVIC d3 BYPASS HELP!!

ok guys i have my d3 put in right now.... the guy who installed it put a switch in for the parking brake which doesnt work right... so yea i been reading on here that some people are installing the BYPASS 2 different ways... so my question is which one is the best way to do it!?!?!? im bringing my car back this wednesday to get it all done again.. so if im wrong correct me...

1. remove the mute wire from the bottom and plug it into the top then ground it with the parking brake wire OR

2. dont remove the mute wire and add a extra wire above the mute wire and ground it with the parking brake?!!?

well the guy is pretty scared to ground the wire also because he thinks that it can damage the unit... is this true also?? please let me know guys i got about 2 days to find this information out before i bring the car to him thanks!!

Both of those will work just fine. The first one is the most common one, as the mute wire is rarely if ever used. The second one is what you would do if your setup requires you to use the mute wire for external sources to be able to mute the D3.

No, it will not harm your D3 in any way. Just about everyone here has done it to their D3 with no problems at all.