AVIC411.com

[solved] No audio Android Auto or Apple Car Play - Bluetooth problem?

(Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it via searching...).  Really hoping someone can help.

I have an Avic F80DAB

I can successfully connect Android 8 and 9 and Iphone iOS 10-12 devices to it using bluetooth to stream audio to it, but:

• When I am connected via USB and running Android Auto or Apple Car play, there is no sound from Google Assistant or Siri. E.g. / no sat nav instructions, no beep when I click the microphone symbol etc. 
  • The microphone does work (e.g. if I ask Google to navigate somewhere it processes the instruction) and phone calls aren't audible.
  • If I make or receive a call in Android Auto, the other person can hear me, but I can't hear them unless I tap on the screen and change the audio from bluetooth to speaker phone (in which case I hear them through the phone, not the car's speakers.

I'm on firmware 1.08 (the latest I think), and have reinstalled it but still I have the problem.

I can see there's a menu option to 'update bluetooth software' but can't find anywhere to download any such software (only firmware here: https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avic-f80dab/support)

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to overcome it?