AVIC411.com

D1 with SIR-PNR2 and GEX-P920XM on one antenna...Done!

I realize not many people want both Sirius and XM radio at the same time, but I use both while traveling. For those few people that do, I connected both modules to one antenna, and it works great! Here's how to do it:

1. Purchase the Terk SIR-SP antenna splitter. This splitter has square plastic connector clips on each antenna lead. One of these clips will have to be removed to expose the metal antenna connector. This end will be used in the Sirius module. The other connector (still with the plastic) will fit directly onto the XM antenna jack.

[/img]

2. The Sirius antenna will fit snugly into the jack on the back of the splitter. The plastic on the jack actually cracked slightly, but it holds.

3. This is optional, but I mounted the Sirius module to the XM box and also mounted the splitter using 3M double-sided tape. Notice I positioned the modules where the splitter would reach both antenna connectors. The leads from the antenna are pretty short.

4. For power/ground, I ran two wires from my power source into a two-wire universal connector. From the other side of the connector I soldered an inline fuse holder and both power harnesses. This way I could easily disconnect if needed.

5. This may not matter, but the IP-BUS connector from the radio is connected to the XM module, then the Sirius is connected to the XM box.

6. When you start the radio up for the first time after this install, the XM box will display "check antenna". At this time you will not be able to pull up the channel list. Just scan to any other channel (not the preview channel) and save that station to preset 6. The error will go away, the channel list will be available again, and you will be able to program your presets as normal (you can replace what you previously saved). The Sirius box will function normally.

For the Focus owners: This assembly fits well just above the glovebox. Just squeeze the two tabs holding the glovebox up to lower it out of your way.

post-10692-12872753110091_thumb.jpg

post-10692-12872753111444_thumb.jpg

post-10692-12872753112658_thumb.jpg

post-10692-12872753114119_thumb.jpg