AVIC411.com

XM NavTraffic drops out after Z1 -> Z2 Re-image

I just recently re-imaged my Z1 to a Z2 as described in these forums, now last weekend when driving, the XM NavTraffic dropped out on me twice. This did not happen after ~20mins as others have said but more like 1hour.

Everything regarding NavTraffic stopped working, no green/yellow/red lines next to the freeways, no green dot in the upper right with a route in place. Traffic flow button was greyed out, no accident, road work, etc icons. The ONLY thing that was NavTraffic related and still working was 3 "Blocked Exit" icons, nothing else but those 3 blocked exit events.

Everything worked fine after car was shut off and restarted, but as I said, this happened twice.

Avic unit was fully reset after the upgrade (little button in front, all user data deleted, all calibration data reset, XM box reset). Everything else appears to work as normal, XM radio works normally.

Any ideas?

Same problem here, mine does it only when I'm in a navtraffic area. What I mean is on the first half of my drive to work it doesn't give any traffic data as there is none, then the last half there is, it would start to quit towards the end, some legs drop out but the start again randomly. The drive home it would start out good then about 30 minutes start dropping out.

What I did that has made it better so far, first I did a level 3 reset, and then while driving in traffic I did a level 1 reset. The level 1 is the paper clip in the little hole, while the level 3 is done by holding the map button while the unit is booting up. Take a look at the AVIC pdf at the pioneer web site for info on the reset levels.

So far it has been working better but not perfect. I'v also found I can sometimes bring the traffic info back if I zoom the map in or out. Good luck, if you get a better fix let me know.