AVIC411.com

Playback problem with WMA files on CD on AVIC-D3

Greetings from a wet and cold UK !

Just getting used to my new AVIC-D3. I burned a CD with a couple of my favourite tracks, each in 4 different formats:

- WMA VBR highest quality

- WMA CBR 192kbps

- MP3 320kbps

- MP3 256kbps

I've got a fairly good set-up: the head unit's running into some quality JL Audio amps/sub/components, so the idea was to try to spot any difference in quality* before deciding how to rip my entire CD collection, but....

.... what I really noticed was that all the WMA files jumped occasionally during playback: just a fraction of a second being skipped, every 30-50 seconds. Always at the same point, though, regardless of the encoding bit rate used.

Anyone else had this problem ? The WMA files play just fine on my PC, and the CD I used is a pristine Verbatim disk, so it seems to be a problem with the head unit's processing of the files.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

*ps: the answer was that I thought just maybe I could hear an improvement in MP3 320kbps over 256kbps - slightly more space around voices, a more rock solid soundstage, but it wasn't a proper blind test, so I could just be getting big ideas about my hearing ability !