AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1 in Lexus LX470...

thinking about putting a Z1 in my '99 LX470... just wondering if anyone had some pics of this setup. i'm wondering how well the Z1 will fill the space of the big nakimichi head unit.

thanks!
scott
The LX apparently uses a standard double din mount, and there should be kits out there for you. Forget the harness and upgrade that sound system with quality amplifiers and speakers. The Z1 sings like a bird through a high-end sound system, and it will fall well short of its potential with that Lexus sound system. Search ClubLexus.com for some info. Here's a link to a short thread on the harness, but that's a lost cause:

[url]http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195835&highlight=double+din+lx470[/url]
That's a standard double din set-up. No kit neccessary. Metra makes a amp integration plug, so you can use the rca's behind the radio. Or you can bypass the amp. It might be behind the glove box. Usually it's a standard Toyota metra plug for speaker set-up.
hey fellas,

thanks for the tips. my truck has the nakimichi system, which i'm told is the problem. i spoke to metra yesterday, and they told me that they did NOT make any parts that will work with my truck and that everything would have to be custom. i guess i'll call them back and ask about the amp integration plug. i sure hope i can get this to work!