AVIC411.com

alright GURUS here is a good one for you

I got a brand new Z2 installed last week. It has the firmware upgrade and a working bypass. I love the thing. It is better than what I had imagined it would be.

The problem is that my rear camera works all the time in rear view mode, but when the unit is hot, it does not come on when in reverse. When the unit is cold, it works all the time when I put it in reverse. WTF??? Any ideas? The guy that did the install at the stereo shop checked the connections on the reverse wire and they were all good and tight. SO it has to be an internal problem. How do you contact Pioneer to tell them that this is happening?

Thanks in advance

it is a real camera from pioneer. I will check the box, I know where that is, but it only does this while hot. It cooled down this evening and it worked again. It is really annoying. In fact one time when I was backing up this morning, it was on and then shut off on me.

I checked the junction box and it all was tight and secure.

The damned thing did it again today. Worked this morning fine and then when it got to about 70 degrees inside the truck it quit working and did not start to work again until it got cool this eveneing.

• 1 month later...

I'm experiencing similar issues.

I purchased the z2 this past October and just recently had it installed along with the back up cam ndc2. at the time of installation i had the 2 wire by pass done but did not know about the software bypass. that's how i stumbled upon avic411.com

well after i installed the software bypass i noticed my back up camera was no longer working. when i put it in reverse it won't work and when i try to view it through the map it won't work. nothing.

has anyone experienced this issue? and more importantly, does anyone have a solution for this problem?

thanks in advance

I purchased the z2 this past October and just recently had it installed along with the back up cam ndc2. at the time of installation i had the 2 wire by pass done but did not know about the software bypass. that's how i stumbled upon avic411.com

well after i installed the software bypass i noticed my back up camera was no longer working. when i put it in reverse it won't work and when i try to view it through the map it won't work. nothing.

has anyone experienced this issue? and more importantly, does anyone have a solution for this problem?

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

Lets try that again... Sometimes when u update the software it turns off the rear cam option in the Systems Settings. Check and see if it is set to "off". If so just change it to "on".