AVIC411.com

Mute wire connection for bypass...? Trouble with Metra GMOS-

Just received my D3 and have been struggling all morning with what turns out to be the wrong harness. 07 Classic GMC Sierra, Bose but no onstar...

I was told I needed a GMOS LAN 02 but turns out I needed a GMOS-04

Except for a misprint in the instructions it all seems pretty good because I don't have to tap into the VSS behind the cluster or hit the Reverse wire because it's on the harness.

Here's my dilemma. There is a wire in the harness for the parking brake.

1. I should not hook that up and then ground it, right?

2. There is a mute wire in the Metra harness I'm supposed to hook up but do I if I'm doing the bypass and I've already moved the PIN?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to contributing what I can to this board!

The mute wire in the Metra harness is for muting the radio when on-star is activated. You don't need to use this wire since you don't have on-star.

The parking brake wire in the metra harness would be used if you were installing the AVIC "correctly", non by-passed. In the AVIC harness, gound the parking brake wire and the mute wire you've moved to complete the by-pass.

The mute wire in the Metra harness is for muting the radio when on-star is activated. You don't need to use this wire since you don't have on-star.

The parking brake wire in the metra harness would be used if you were installing the AVIC "correctly", non by-passed. In the AVIC harness, gound the parking brake wire and the mute wire you've moved to complete the by-pass.

Great to hear so I'll tape off the parking brake wire and the mute wire on the Metra harness and ground the mute from the HU along with the parking brake wire and I should be good to go.

Is it not a good idea to use one ground point for my harness, backup camera and radio. Should I use multiple point. I connected with a scotch tap my ground for my camera and put it right on the ground for the radio... Not smart...?

Actually, the onstar and the mute wire have nothing to do with each other. I have onstar on my trailblazer and i moved the mute wire and my radio still mutes whenever i get or make calls.

Does your radio mute or turn off?

I'm not as familiar w/ the metra pieces, but the Periheral will allow you to mute the radio when on-star activates or turn the radio off if it's not equipped w/ a mute wire.

I really have no clue. I know it's got the GPS on it but I have not read a thing about it yet.

I guess there is no sense of connecting the Mute wire from the GMOS-04 harness to the Mute wire on the Power Harness because I'm grounding it anyway for the bypass..?

I'm not as familiar w/ the metra pieces, but the Periheral will allow you to mute the radio when on-star activates or turn the radio off if it's not equipped w/ a mute wire.

I really have no clue. I know it's got the GPS on it but I have not read a thing about it yet.

I guess there is no sense of connecting the Mute wire from the GMOS-04 harness to the Mute wire on the Power Harness because I'm grounding it anyway for the bypass..?

Sorry, I was asking tblazin22s. I perfer to use onstar interfaces that mute the radio verses turning it off b/c of the lag in rebooting the radio after the onstar call has ended.

Also, make sure you move the mute wire to the empty spot before grounding it or the radio will stay muted all the time and not by-passed.

Sorry, I was asking tblazin22s. I perfer to use onstar interfaces that mute the radio verses turning it off b/c of the lag in rebooting the radio after the onstar call has ended.

Also, make sure you move the mute wire to the empty spot before grounding it or the radio will stay muted all the time and not by-passed.

Yes, I've moved it already and have grounded it but I have not connected the mute wire to the mute wire on the GMOS-04 Harness... that's correct right....? I don't have onstar....