AVIC411.com

Had AVIC-D3 bypassed but their is a problem

Hello everyone. I just had my AVIC-D3 installed yesterday and I absolutely love it. I told the installer to do the bypass and he said he did. I tryed to make sure it worked but driving faster than 10 MPH caused the video to go out and a message popping up saying something about watching video while driving is not encouraged or something similar to that. When I look in system settings/options it says the parking brake is ON. This is what it should say if the bypass is done, correct? What could be wrong? I also get the message popping up when I start the unit saying that it detected the parking brake wire has been hooked up incorrectly. If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Matt

if it says your parking brake is on in the settings, then the mute wire wasn't moved and/or grounded properly. fix that, and you should be good to go.

OK, now I definitely know that the mute wire was moved because I did it myself when the unit arrived. So then the installer must have forgot to ground the mute wire? That could be the only possibility, correct? Because it sounds like the parking brake wire coming from the D3 was properly grounded.

Matt

if you moved the wire, then i would say it is a connection issue. just make sure the plug is securely connected, and that the wire is in the plug all the way, then check the other end to make sure that it is well grounded. also, i would reset the unit.

I have already tried resetting the unit but to no avail. I'm guessing that the installer forgot to ground the mute wire at all and it's not just a lose connection.

Matt

Um... professional installer? Liability comes to mind before improper grounding. Seriously people don't disable someone elses safety devices in aftermarket or OEM, they get into an accident and blame it on that (and they most likely will) even if you have some kind of liability waiver it won't stand up enough to keep you out of court, and possibly jail. People drive horrible where I live even without cell phones and CEDs, don't make it worse.

Safety bypass = DIY