AVIC411.com

Using the Ipod and ITunes.....

Well I just recently bought a 2nd generation Ipod Nano for the sole purpose of using it with Avic D3. I'll be connecting the adapter soon. In the mean time I have been trying to figure out how to put the music on the Ipod from ITunes the way I want it, and it's driving me nuts!

Here's the problem that I am having: I want to put specific folders containing mp3's on the ipod which are stored on my PC's hard drive. For example, I have a folder called rock music, a folder called HipHop and a folder called R&B stored on my computer hard drive. How do I get these folders and their contents on the Ipod? So far all I have been able to do is import music onto the ITunes library, and then from there put individual mp3's on the Ipod. There has to be a better way then this?

It is so easy when I burn a CD/DVD and can put various folders containing MP3's on it. There has to be a way to do this with ITunes?????

Nope, theres not. You can however input all of the GENREs info once you get all the MP3's imported into itunes at which point you can search by that category on the ipod or the D3. Once you select that GENRES it will list all of the ARTIST in that category to choose from. It takes a little getting use to but once your there its very easy.

Playlists are your friends, too.

I've got a main playlist with hundreds of songs that I really like, and several other playlists to suit specific moods. I even used to have a playlist I named "Estrogen Fix" that was just female singers for when I'm in that kind of mood. Don't worry, though, abuot my testosterone levels, as I've also got a "Hair Metal" playlist, in addition to a Jazz playlist, a "Guitar Godz" playlist, an ultra-mellow playlist, a Mellow Classical playlist etc.

Oh wow. Have you never used iTunes? Import all of your music in to the library. Then create a playlist for each "folder". Then drag and drop.

When you plug in the iPod, tell it which playlists you want to synch and you're good to go. No need to worry about the "files on the iPod's hard drive". You could wipe that thing out hundreds of times and iTunes will put them right back on in the proper place.

That's the power of iTunes and a major reason I got the iPod. (That and the fact that the iPod has all the good accessories).

No I have never used ITunes or an IPod before. Being a Windows person I have always used Windows Media Player or Music Match to rip music, and Nero to burn MP3's onto CD's or DVD's. So I am still getting used to using ITunes.

I guess in a sense a play list is almost like having a folder in that you can create different play list with different types of music.