AVIC411.com

Newbie - have a stupid question. Cable question

Jimmy303, your name and home address please? I would like to hear this statement face to face.

If you do not know the answer to this question, you have no business removing your hard drive from your Z1. Leave it to a professional, unless you have enough money to buy another one....
Jimmy303, your name and home address please? I would like to hear this statement face to face.

See... comments like this is why this fucking forum sucks so bad now. You are a dick tommy. Jimmy is right, if you have no idea about basic computing and harddrives, leave it to a professional. To come on here and be a wannabe cyberthug? Go eat your mother's ass.

dude, I only ask one question. I don't need any smart ass remark. I did said " THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION ". If you don't have the answer, why do you have to insult me. I did said I am a Newbie. W.T.F. " Go eat your mother's ass"? How old are you?

See... comments like this is why this fucking forum sucks so bad now. You are a dick tommy. Jimmy is right, if you have no idea about basic computing and harddrives, leave it to a professional. To come on here and be a wannabe cyberthug? Go eat your mother's ass.

He didn't give you a wise ass answer. You are just so fucking stupid and thickheaded you took it the wrong way. Nice way to introduce yourself to the forum. Now see how much fucking help you get now asshole.

BTW, I am older than you. If you prefer, go swallow your father's jizz before you threaten someone else here, e-thug.

"Uh duh, ummm tell me face to face." idiot.

untitleduf4.jpg

O.M.G. This is rediculous. You know what, you win. Thanks for your help and comment. You have a very nice day.

He didn't give you a wise ass answer. You are just so fucking stupid and thickheaded you took it the wrong way. Nice way to introduce yourself to the forum. Now see how much fucking help you get now asshole.

BTW, I am older than you. If you prefer, go swallow your father's jizz before you threaten someone else here, e-thug.

"Uh duh, ummm tell me face to face." idiot.

untitleduf4.jpg

Tommy,

I believe that it is possible to connect your Avic-Z1 disk drive to your laptop, but it wouldn't be too easy. You'd have to:

1. Adapt the 2.5" disk drive to a 3.5" form factor with a small adapter. You can buy that adapter at Fry's electronics or Radio Shack.

2. Purchase an external enclosure that will convert a 3.5" Parallel ATA drive to USB.

3. Unlock your disk drive. Search for unlock in the avic411 forum to learn more about that. You'll have to purchase an unlock code.

4. Plug the USB cable into your laptop.

From what I've read, you can't just move .mp3 files over to the Avic-Z1 and use them in the Avic-Z1 when you put the drive back. The Avic-Z1 is very particular. So although you could go through this exercise I don't think it will buy you much.

Good luck.

Patrick