AVIC411.com

Bypass Fails When Driving More Than 10mph - Please Help

Hello Guys,

I had the Pioneer Avic D3 installed on a 2003 Jaguar X-Type. I informed the gentleman that performed the install to implement the bypass to allow the viewing of the map in motion and the viewing of DVD's while driving.

We tested the setup and it worked fine for a day. The second day I drove the car the dvd would not play when I go more than 10mph (I get a warning message). The DVD plays (video is visible) when the car is in park, drive (less than 10mph), neutral, and reverse.

I took the car back to the shop and they informed me that they need to burn a circuit to disable the speed sensor? Searching through the forums I didn't find any threads mentioning the "burning of circuits" so I'm hesitant to proceed. I already paid $250 for the installation and the burning of the circuits will cost another $150....I was hoping for your guidance.

I appreciate your time and support, thank you.

Thank you,

Angel

:cry:

I appreciate all the quality feedback, thank you. I had another installer (Car Boutique in Schaumburg, Illinois) do the install and they were able to follow the instructions on this site with no problems!

Everything is functioning properly, bypass works great! I'm sooooo happy!!!

Thank you avic411.com & all the great members!!!!

:D