AVIC411.com

Z2 Engine feedback

Yup then, that would be all you need to do... some say that doing all 4 is neccessary, but i found doing just one was the resolve for me. Whine Gone...

One other thing.. be mindfull of the gains on amps.. If i turn my gains all way up, or even like 80%.. I do get the whine back.. as it is an input gain it will increas anything in the signal input.. so by grounding the rca and maybe tweaking the gain down to 50/40% then I bet you'lll have no more whine.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just to add .. doing all 4 is, IMHO, overkill as the ground is common in all rca out(s), so doing one is all you would need.. It really should be done behind HU, and maybe even grounded to HU... I only say this b/c that's what worked for me.. you might be able to get an idea of how well it might work by doing the procedure at the end of where the amps are first, i.e. take the rca and do the procudure at the end of where one of the amps are and ground the rca in the back to the chassis or something ...see kinda like a preliminary test result..

• 2 weeks later...
been busy, havent had time to get to it, might get it done this weekend.

okay cool just checking in.. curious to know how well it works for you...

One thing I would like to mention as well which might even be easier for you.. is some higher end RCA cables, they have a "drain wire" already attached.. does same thing as you're/we're doing/done but manufactured that way... maybe google or ebay search for rca drain wire will pull up a few.. I know some of the Monster cables have the drain wire... Matt

here is a sample.. but i would be concerned with the quality of this cable but it gives you the idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AVW150-5-16-FT-DUAL-RCA-MALE-CABLE-W-EARTHEN-GROUND_W0QQitemZ180168852958QQihZ008QQcategoryZ32833QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem