AVIC411.com

I have a problem with my N1, it won't eject. Everything else seems to work fine but the eject button doesn't work. I looked on ebay and someone on there is offering a repair for the eject button. Does anyone know how to repair it or if the ebay auction is legit? Thanks alot.

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5871470869&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT[/url]
  • 2 months later...
Try this ....

EJECT LOCK MODE for DVD mechanism
In order to enter "EJECT LOCK" mode, reset start while pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys together.
Pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys until monitor backlight is turned on.
In order to exit "EJECT LOCK" mode, follow the same steps to enter this mo
Guest mddolfan
Did anyone try this to see if it works? My DVD won't eject from my D1, and it's causing all kinds of other problems (NavTraffic is hung up; I constantly get an "XM Updating" message when I go into Navigation mode). I just had the CD-iB100 replaced in my car becaue that was defective----but I'm a little hesitant to take it back to the dealer again, because I'm using a "copy" of the 2006 navigation disc (which worked just fine for about five months before this problem).

Thanks!!!
I tried a copy of the 2006 DVD as well. I wanted to try before I buy in case I didn't think it was worth US$250 - which they aren't. So to keep things legit, I downgraded my Avic D1 back to the original 2004 DVD mapset that it came with.

So, you can downgrade but you gotta fix your eject problem first. To see how to get into the service screen (which could help you) and how to downgrade, check out the posts in the D1-Hack forum.

That key combination I posted just might fix your problem too.
Guest mddolfan
Aconite, thanks for the info! I used the reset/AV/Info combo, and it worked at unfreezing my DVD drive. I also the "XM updating" problem was with XM not renewing my NavTraffic subscription, and now that I've cleared that up, everything seems to be working OK. I also got a copy of the service manual off E-bay, so I can get into service screen (if I dare try). But I think I'll just wait and see how things work out now. And you're right---the 2006 upgrade DVDs aren't worth $250.
  • 3 months later...