AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 or AVIC-Z2 Install in an '03 Altima

Hi all,

I'm new to the Pioneer group as I've been working with my Clarion In-Dash VRX765VD Unit now for about 1 year but I want to upgrade. The first question I've been asking myself is: D3 or Z2? I have to look at the Pros and Cons of both products. Heres, what I like about both units. The Z2 offers a 30GB Hard Drive (20GB Maps - 10GB for Music) so that way I don't have to worry about swapping discs if ever I want to watch a movie while using the NAV unlike the D3 has to offer. The Z2 also has the Voice command that will be useful once I get my iPhone in a month or so. The D3 though has a seksier GUI and I love the sleek look for XM and the iPod control. For all you D3 and Z2 owner's out there, please try to sell me on one of them because I'm tired of this confussion. Money isn't really an issue but I am getting 600$ back for my Clarion unit so if I get the D3 it won't hurt so much as it would with the Z2.

Now, for the real question. How hard is it to install the AVIC's in the 02-04 Altima's without Bose? I am trying to find the perfect kit that doesn't need much tweaking because I read that some people have to shave the top part and I don't want to mess with it. Also, is there any direct wiring out there to the OEM Altima set-up to one of these units? You know, I would rather have the lazy way than have to go to the dealership and get it done.

Thanks for reading. That's it for now.

I can get you the Double Din for your 2003 Nissan Altima, the kit is made from Metra, part no. 95-7418 and I can also send you the wiring schematic for your car. Where do you live? if you are in the GTA area, we can meet up and i can give you the information and mounting kit in person. The kit is approx. $15.00 if you want it.

let me know,

soundfx

2003 Altima Kit - 95-7418.pdf

Hi Spezza,

I got your e-mail late last night as I was updating my Z1 to a Z2 :):) Works great by the way. I didn't have time to respond last night, sorry.

Can you please resend me the e-mail as I have all the files you need at my work and not at home. I will send the files today when i get your message again.

thanks,

Soundfx