AVIC411.com

Possible to take a Z2 and and run a clone of HD3 soft in it?

I have the same problem here! I live in Brazil and I bought a Z2 during my last trip to the US...

I have TeleAtlas Brazilian map that worked fine with Avic D3 - What are the odds of installing them into a Z2 unit and having them working properly?

Based on your thread OZDUDE it is perfectly possible, right? Could you give further details about your experience?

One question to you and/or those who had to opportunity to gain access to the original HDD: can you see all directories and files on your Windows file explorer when you connect the HD to your computer? Also base on your thread it seems so, but which is/are the map directories and file names on Z2?

There is a file explorer to Automobile Win CE that when used in D#, you just select the map file and execute it without any problem...

Anyone who could help on this?

Tks,

I'm still working on it and have been kind of busy. I found the I have to go and re-image the local software as my copy got corrupted when I upgraded the PC I had it on a couple of months ago. I finally got some time a couple of Saturdays ago only to work out that the local image I was working with was corrupted. So I now have to find time to go and get another copy off my friends AVIC HD-3.

You can see the files on the AVIC drive no problems, just make sure you've done all the standard unlocking explained here on the site.

• 1 month later...

Well I would say I have now spent enough time trying various hybrids of the Z3 and HD3 software. Unfortunately the closest I seem to be able to get is that I have maps and all other functionality working, but the GPS never initializes. At this stage I have declared that I've spent enough time on the project. There is literally nothing left to try in the software. In the meantime I've also come to realise that the F900BT has a bunch of features much more suited to my needs, especially the iPhone compatibility, one thing which really failed to impress with the Z2/Z3. Also, some of the GPS data display features I lost from the factory nav I regain, which something I'm happy about.

So that the Z2 will be going in to a box and put up on eBay. I was nearly tempted into F900BT hacking on account of how straightforward it is but given the price point difference to me(special price form dealer friend) between the US retail and local -around $A500 landed(at current crap ex. rates), I am not as compelled to import one over buying it locally.

Sorry to all those that were waiting for a positive outcome, I wish I could have gotten that final bit to work. Time for me to move on.... 8)

• 5 months later...

Are the Australian Avic HD3 units really identical to Avic Z2/Z3 units, only with a different label, while European Avic HD3´s have different radios?

Anyway, it seems noone have had any success in getting the navigation part of their Z3/HD3 units to work in other regions than where they "belong".

Are the Australian Avic HD3 units really identical to Avic Z2/Z3 units, only with a different label, while European Avic HD3´s have different radios?

Anyway, it seems noone have had any success in getting the navigation part of their Z3/HD3 units to work in other regions than where they "belong".

It seems to me there is a firmware difference in there somewhere that will prevent the maps from functioning properly, other than that everything else works fine.

My thought is the easier unit to take across borders is the F900BT, since you can definitely load different GPS software into it because it is more like a real computer thanks to it's Win CE operating system. Moot point for me though now since I caved in and brought one locally. Still a lot of fun to hack though.

• 4 months later...