AVIC411.com

denali owners...

im selling my stang and picking up a 2005 yukon denali. it has the factory navi with bose, but i want to take out the nav and put in my avic. does it work ok with the factory system? has anyone tried out the steering wheel interface for the avic, and does it work well? do i need to also get an onstar interface and the chime interface? who makes them?

thanks

The GM changer will not work with the AVIC. And you're right that all the Denali's came with the changer.

The AVIC will not be able to control the sub independently from the rest of the speakers, only w/ the EQ. Be sure to set all of the factory audio controls to zero before removing the radio. All of the settings are stored in the Bose amp.

cool. now as far as the steering wheel interface, i have found the PAC SWI-PS and the soundgate REMPIOGM, but the soundgate says it only works on denalis till 04. i thought 03-06 is the same? is there any difference, or should i just order up the PAC? thanks for all the help! basically all i will lose when this is all done is the rear controls will not work anymore right?

Metra makes an interface for Bose and the Data System, GMOS-4 best buy has em for $120 or so, even gives you your VSS and Reverse wires on the harness, plus a 12V accesorry

have you used the metra harness? i was going to order it from crutchfield, but there are a bunch of bad reviews about it. should i order a different brand, it would be 2 seperate interfaces then though. or does the metra work fine?