AVIC411.com

need advice before buying

Hello,

I'm a Mazda3 owner and i'm really looking forward to get the AVIC D3, as it seems to be an amazing gadget 8) but i do have some questions that i hope some of the owners of the AVIC D3 will help shed light on :)

1. Obstruction GPS

in his video demonstration, the AVID D3 product manager explains that the AVIC D3 navigation can continue to operate even if the GPS can't get a satellite signal due to some connections to the car...

Can anyone confirm this and how it is actually done at installation ?

2. Navigation DVD data on USB disk

It seems that many reviewers (CNET for instance) don't like the fact that you can only have a single disc at a time. I seemed to gather that one can actually copy the DVD data to either a Ipod or a USB hard disk (connected with the adapter)

Can anyone confirms how this is perfoms ? and how we do say to the unit that the data is not on the DVD itself ?

Can one have the AVIC D3 with both an IPOD connection (for music) and the USB adapter (with a thumbdisk for instance with only the DVD data on it) ?

3. Bluetooth connection

Can the unit automatically recognize and connect with a paired bluetooth device ? or do we have (like it is sometimes case with some BT gear) to choose "connect" and accept on the phone...i would love to avoid this step when i get in the car...

many thanks for all the info :)

cheers!

/Laurent

1. The navs have a learning capabilty. The first few hundred miles you drive, it will learn the characteristics of your car/driving. By combining what it learns from your VSS readings, the D3s internal gyro, etc. it is able to remain pretty accurate even when going through a tunnel or downtown area where sat reception is blocked. Just make sure your installer hooks up the VSS wire

2. You cannot copy the nav data to anything else other than a disk. It must be in the drive to start program in your routes, search for POI, etc. You are better off putting all your music on an ipod and leaving the nav disk in all the time.

3. Yes, it can autoconnect. Works fine with all three phones I have tried it with, although you might want to check the compatability thread for your specific phone and carrier before getting your hopes up.