AVIC411.com

An interesting N1 Removable Faceplate issue.....

Hello all, great forum you have here, too bad my finding it was the result of an issue. And it is an interesting one.

I bought an original release N1, and apart form replacing the GPS antenna once (winters are harsh on them) I've had no issues at all with it.

Two days ago it developed a rather unique issue. The buttons on the removable faceplate have partially ceased to function. Specifically, the only things that work are the Volume knob/ATT button, the Source button, and the Eject button. Everything else on the faceplate is completely nonfunctional, but curiously is still illuminated.

The only two modifications I've done are the typical parking brake bypass (a manual switch in my case) and the latest DvD upgrades for maps and the functionality (negating the parking brake mod). The unit worked flawlessly till this problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this. My only guess is a partially failed faceplate, but I'd like a second opinion before I shell out the $128 a new one costs.